DRevitalize is a program that repairs bad sectors (physical defects) on popular magnetic media (hard drives and also floppy drives to some extent) by generating a special sequence of high and low level signals around the physically damaged area.
The surface of almost any drive can be repaired with this utility (even hard drives that were dropped down or exposed to strong electromagnetic fields).
DREVITALIZE 2.42 FEATURES
THE ULTIMATE DISK REPAIR TOOL
Advantages of new Drevitalize 2.42 package
* SCSI mode added for non ATA drives, pen drives and ATA drives connected via USB.
* SMART status possible on ATA drives connected via USB if the bridge supports non translated ATA commands via SCSI.
* Full information for ATA drives connected via USB if the bridge supports non translated ATA commands via SCSI.
* Command sense and error info for devices working in SCSI mode.
Advantages of new Drevitalize 2.40 package
* Corrected support for 1.5TB+ drives. Now Drevitalize accepts any drive up to 48-bit LBA limit.
* New systems of operation available : direct access in PIO mode and fast ATA RV (Read Verify) diagnostic mode.
* Drevitalize will no longer enable SMART if it was disabled by the BIOS on startup.
* Corrected errors in direct access ATA commands code for the DOS version.
* Corrected errors in SATA access code and detection order.
* Scan speed increased to 132MB/s and more for high-end SATA drives in native mode using Read Verify system.
Advantages of new Drevitalize 2.32 package
* New modes of operation : scan only mode, scan and repair (read test), scan and repair (write test).
* The possibility to analyze SMART data even under Windows XP/Vista.
* New advanced access statistics generated on the fly.
* Better information on the selected form of test and the current slow sectors mark.
* Slow sectors are now shown on progress bar.
* Minor algorithm enhancements.
* Recognizes Windows Seven.
Advantages of Drevitalize 2.30 package
* Full Windows Vista support.
* Better handling of sector 0 bad problem.
* Up to 32 storage devices are detected and can be selected to test and repair.
* Ability to change from Multi sector mode to Single sector mode operation.
* New default software buffer is 128K (256 sectors) to speed up data transfer and allow faster response when bad sectors are detected in multi sector scan mode.
* Option tab upon selecting a drive for testing, these include the possibility to change starting and ending sector, number of passes and repair count loop.
* New option allowing to revitalize slow sectors. The user will be able to specify a delay in ms when accessing a single sector above which the sector will be treated like a bad sector. Sector content will be refreshed after applying the drevitalize process.
* New option allowing to revitalize slow sectors. The user will be able to specify a delay in ms when accessing an area of sectors above which the area will be treated like a bad area. Each sector of that area will be refreshed after applying the drevitalize process.
* Special console handlers to restore the repaired disk state. They take over on closing the Drevitalize window.
* Extended info with 3 color steps for progress bar with mode, repair count, slow sector refresh and number of passes information.
* Extended statistics at the end including absolute sectors info.
* Pressing ESC at end screen now takes the user back to main menu instead of exiting the program.
* DOS version should have full SATA info implemented.
* Corrected some minor color flaws in DOS version on main menu.